Saturday, March 20, 2010

Looking Back

So...I'm just looking back at pictures on this computer and I come across these...a year ago yesterday.  What happened to my first born baby girl?  Where did the time go?  How did she get sooooo grown??? 
We had to take her to the doctor Thursday (she's got strept throat) and she weighed 38 pounds!!!!  That is with shoes on, but oh my!  She's soo big now!  And not just in size...she knows things that I don't know where she has learned them...she asks questions about things....she talks 90 miles an hour about EVERYTHING....she has such an imagination, too.  She has pulled out her little hair clips and rubber bands ... she loves playing with them and before Allie was born, I had them organized and put up and told her she couldn't play with them, because she didn't pick them up very well...well, this morning I wake up and watch her, as she is playing with them again, and she has gotten all the little medicine cups out of the drawer that have collected there over the years, and she has her hairbows in them - completely organized by size and color.  She repeats things DAYS later after watching something or hearing something just one time.  It amazes me...everything she does or says amazes me these days.  She entertains me.  I love it.  She is still my sweet baby girl even though she puts her hands on her hips and says, "but, I'm not a baby anymore, I'm a big girl."  And that just breaks my heart.  Oh I love my Abby Gracie.

Allie is doing fine, and growing also.  She weighs 11lbs. 9 oz. as of Thursday and her diagnosis was colic.  Fun.  :)  She's sweet though.  She'll be three months old on Monday, and I can't believe she's grown so fast also!  She laughed out loud at Ben Thursday night - I think that is one of the sweetest sounds in the world - a baby laughing - esp. when it's your own.  :)

I love my life right now, and absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a Mommy to two sweet girls...

No comments: